Because of climate change, hurricanes are raining harder and may be growing stronger more quickly
kensi
2020-08-05 02:25:53 UTC
Two studies published in the past week have troubling implications for
the effects hurricanes have on society because of climate change, now
and in the future.

One directly links Hurricane Harvey’s disastrous rains to the amount of
heat stored in the ocean, which was record-setting before the storm
plowed into Texas last year. The other shows an increasing trend in
storms that are becoming really strong, really fast.

Storms that unload more rain and explosively intensify cause more
destruction and suffering, as the 2017 Atlantic hurricane season
painfully made clear. Harvey, Irma and Maria each ranked among the five
costliest hurricanes on record.

These studies suggest that future storms will carry even greater damage
potential:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/capital-weather-gang/wp/2018/05/08/due-to-climate-change-hurricanes-are-raining-harder-and-may-be-growing-stronger-faster/?itid=lk_interstitial_manual_6
in here." ~Checkmate
%
2020-08-05 02:34:08 UTC
Post by kensi
[...]
why do you say the same things over and over again about disasters ,
is this the set up you use so you'll get punished and feel ,
the guilt relief that you crave so badly , until you deal with ,
why you feel the guilt what you're doing won't work , ever
Checkmate
2020-08-05 03:33:24 UTC
Checkmate.

On Tue, 4 Aug 2020 22:25:53 -0400 kensi put forth the following notion,
Post by kensi
Two studies published in the past week have troubling implications for
the effects hurricanes have on society because of climate change, now
and in the future.
One directly links Hurricane Harvey’s disastrous rains to the amount of
heat stored in the ocean, which was record-setting before the storm
plowed into Texas last year. The other shows an increasing trend in
storms that are becoming really strong, really fast.
Storms that unload more rain and explosively intensify cause more
destruction and suffering, as the 2017 Atlantic hurricane season
painfully made clear. Harvey, Irma and Maria each ranked among the five
costliest hurricanes on record.
These studies suggest that future storms will carry even greater damage
It's an interesting world we live in, innit?
--
Checkmate ®
Copyright © 2020

kensi." -Nadegda

Author, Humorist, Cynic
Philosopher, Humanitarian
Poet, Elektrishun to the Stars
Usenet Shot-Caller

In loving memory of The Battle Kitten
May 2010-February 12, 2017
Phantom_View
2020-08-07 02:01:18 UTC
The Pacific Oscillation is in such a state to encourage
the formation of more, and stronger, hurricanes. This
is also near the peak of a much longer cycle. In a year
or two things will drift back to normal, eventually a bit
on the sub-normal side. "GW" is irrelevant here, the
various contributing climatic cycles are more than
enough to cause trouble.
kensi
2020-08-07 03:49:23 UTC
Post by Phantom_View
The Pacific Oscillation is in such a state to encourage
the formation of more, and stronger, hurricanes. This
is also near the peak of a much longer cycle. In a year
or two things will drift back to normal, eventually a bit
on the sub-normal side. "GW" is irrelevant here, the
various contributing climatic cycles are more than
enough to cause trouble.
The article proves otherwise, k00k. They considered such cycles but
ultimately determined that some of the signal is coming from climate
change itself.
in here." ~Checkmate
Sir Gaygory's Owner's Owner 🐶笛
2020-08-07 03:54:00 UTC
On Thu, 6 Aug 2020 23:49:23 -0400, LO AND BEHOLD; kensi
<***@gmail.nospam.invalid> determined that the following was
of great importance and subsequently decided to freely share it with us
in <rgij0d$d26$***@gioia.aioe.org>:

✡✡✡✡✡✡✡✡✡✡✡ On 8/6/2020 10:01 PM, Phantom_View wrote:
✡✡✡✡✡✡✡✡✡✡✡ ✡✡✡✡✡✡✡✡✡✡✡ The Pacific Oscillation is in such a state to encourage the formation of
✡✡✡✡✡✡✡✡✡✡✡ ✡✡✡✡✡✡✡✡✡✡✡ more, and stronger, hurricanes. This is also near the peak of a much
✡✡✡✡✡✡✡✡✡✡✡ ✡✡✡✡✡✡✡✡✡✡✡ longer cycle. In a year or two things will drift back to normal,
✡✡✡✡✡✡✡✡✡✡✡ ✡✡✡✡✡✡✡✡✡✡✡ eventually a bit on the sub-normal side. "GW" is irrelevant here, the
✡✡✡✡✡✡✡✡✡✡✡ ✡✡✡✡✡✡✡✡✡✡✡ various contributing climatic cycles are more than enough to cause
✡✡✡✡✡✡✡✡✡✡✡ ✡✡✡✡✡✡✡✡✡✡✡ trouble.
✡✡✡✡✡✡✡✡✡✡✡
✡✡✡✡✡✡✡✡✡✡✡ The article proves otherwise, k00k. They considered such cycles but
✡✡✡✡✡✡✡✡✡✡✡ ultimately determined that some of the signal is coming from climate
✡✡✡✡✡✡✡✡✡✡✡ change itself.
✡✡✡✡✡✡✡✡✡✡✡

perhaps?

you go easy on certain nyms. you might want to be more careful.

<words in angled brakets>

"4 out of 5 dentists" won't comment on this poast...
--
[THIS POAST HAS PASSED TRIMCHECK® VALIDATION]

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

"Thanks to muzzies and their apologist-enablers like puppy whistle, this seems to be the new norm in the world. It's spreading like a cancer, and it's time we admit we're at war with pure evil. We need to put an end to this muzzie plague, or life on Earth is going to become pure hell everywhere. We need to get these people out of every civilized country, and there's only one way to do it. IOW, we have to become like them, with an emphasis on expediency over cruelty." - Checkmate (of alt.checkmate)

"Pussy Willow has just proven that Trump's crackdown on previously unenforced immigration policies is working. We'll deal with the domestic terrorists as needed, but we don't need to be letting the muzzie terrorists get a foothold in our country too. One need only look at what they're doing in Europe right now to know we're doing the right thing by keeping them out, which is our right and our duty. - Checkmate (#1 pussy willow fan)

-

-

-

"I think we should destroy every last fucking mosque in America." - "Checkmate, DoW #1" <***@The.Edge> proves for us that white males are violent in Message-ID: <***@news.altopia.com>

-

Golden Killfile, June 2005
KOTM, November 2006
Busted Urinal Award, April 2007
Tinfoil Sombrero, February 2007
AUK Mascot, September 2007
Phantom_View
2020-08-08 02:37:30 UTC
On Thu, 6 Aug 2020 23:49:23 -0400, kensi
Post by kensi
Post by Phantom_View
The Pacific Oscillation is in such a state to encourage
the formation of more, and stronger, hurricanes. This
is also near the peak of a much longer cycle. In a year
or two things will drift back to normal, eventually a bit
on the sub-normal side. "GW" is irrelevant here, the
various contributing climatic cycles are more than
enough to cause trouble.
The article proves otherwise, k00k. They considered such cycles but
ultimately determined that some of the signal is coming from climate
change itself.
And the next such study will say otherwise ... unless it is being
funded by the Friends Of Greta ...............

I have ZERO faith in climate models these days. They were always
bad ... but since they became political, well ..... WASTE OF TIME.
kensi
2020-08-08 02:40:48 UTC
Post by kensi
Post by Phantom_View
The Pacific Oscillation is in such a state to encourage
the formation of more, and stronger, hurricanes. This
is also near the peak of a much longer cycle. In a year
or two things will drift back to normal, eventually a bit
on the sub-normal side. "GW" is irrelevant here, the
various contributing climatic cycles are more than
enough to cause trouble.
The article proves otherwise, k00k. They considered such cycles but
ultimately determined that some of the signal is coming from climate
change itself.
And the next such study will say otherwise ... unless it is being
funded by the Friends Of Greta ...............
I have ZERO faith in climate models these days. They were always
bad ... but since they became political, well ..... WASTE OF TIME.
... says the one who is actually engaged in politically motivated
"reasoning".
in here." ~Checkmate
Phantom_View
2020-08-09 01:30:36 UTC
Post by kensi
Post by Phantom_View
[...]
Clearly YOU are the one looking through Marxist-colored
glasses here :-)
b***@gmail.com
2020-08-09 02:16:42 UTC
So hush the story, then?
kensi
2020-08-09 02:32:33 UTC
Post by kensi
Post by Phantom_View
[...]
I'm just a realist, looking at the climate data objectively, and it's
scaring me shitless.
in here." ~Checkmate
Checkmate
2020-08-09 14:38:35 UTC
Checkmate.

On Sat, 8 Aug 2020 22:32:33 -0400 kensi put forth the following notion,
Post by kensi
I'm just a realist, looking at the climate data objectively, and it's
scaring me shitless.
That could lead to a serious medical condition.
--
Checkmate ®
Copyright © 2020

http://youtu.be/wT-8Dm1VThc

May 2010-February 12, 2017
Phantom_View
2020-08-13 01:34:41 UTC
Post by kensi
I'm just a realist, looking at the climate data objectively, and it's
scaring me shitless.
That could lead to a serious medical condition.
Who makes Imodium ? Buy stock :-)

Skeeter
2020-08-09 16:32:56 UTC
Post by kensi
Post by Phantom_View
[...]
Keep living your life like that while the rest of us continue enjoying
life.
SortingItOut
2020-08-07 06:41:22 UTC
Post by kensi
[...]
"may be"? So they don't really know, and in fact they may not be. "May be" is not news...why don't they wait until they know for sure before reporting it?